"Personal Data" means: (a) any data relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; or (b) “personal data,” “personal information,” “personally identifiable information” or similar term as defined under applicable data protection laws.
The amount and types of Personal Data that we collect and process depends on the nature of your interaction with us. Generally, we may collect and process the following:
- Account and profile information, such as email addresses, passwords and/or blockchain wallet addresses;
- Payment and transaction information, such as the name of the credit/debit cardholder, credit/debit card number, country, city, state, address, and/or blockchain wallet transactions. We may use third-party vendors to collect and process payment information;
- Contact information, such as usernames in third party services such as Telegram or Discord, first and last names, email addresses, professional titles, company names, and/or phone numbers;
- Technical information and usage data, such as statistical and site-related information relating to how a visitor arrived at our websites or platforms, the IP address which may provide information about precise or approximate location, device information, clickstream information and time stamp, and information about how you use our websites and services. We may automatically receive and record such information from our server logs or cookies. For more information, please see the section on Cookies below;
- Marketing and communications data, such as your preferences in receiving marketing messages from us, your communication preferences and history of communications with us, our service providers or third parties; and/or
- Other information, which may include your participation in our contests, promotions, or surveys, and photographs, videos and/or audio recordings taken by us or our representatives.
We may also collect and process information from third-party sources, which may include public records, social media platforms, and blockchain data about records or histories of transactions occurring on the applicable blockchain for a blockchain wallet address.
We may also offer features that help users invite or refer their friends or contacts to use our services, and we may collect Personal Data (such as contact details) about these invitees or referrals so we can reach out to them. Please do not refer someone to us or share their contact details or Personal Data with us unless you have their permission or consent to do so.
While labelling blockchain wallet addresses is an integral part of our business, we do not use Personal Data of our users (such as the blockchain wallet addresses in their account or profile information) to add or publish such labels or otherwise reveal the identity of any natural person as the owner of any given blockchain wallet address.
In addition, we do not take any other steps that would reveal the identity of any natural person as the owner of any given blockchain wallet address or otherwise make them identifiable (taking account of the means reasonably likely to be used to identify them). Indeed, at Nansen, we do not have the technical ability to effect any such identification of owners of blockchain wallet addresses ourselves – we have also adopted and implemented technical and organisational measures to further cement the fact that no such identification should occur in the ordinary course of our business. There may be limited exceptions to this general rule, for example, we may add labels about a high-profile public figure who has publicly declared their blockchain wallet address; however, such circumstances cover a statistically insignificant percentage of the blockchain wallet address-related information we use to provide our websites and services.